In today’s wired age, it is general knowledge that setting up one’s own web page is not a particularly difficult endeavor. E-commerce is dominated by business-oriented approaches. For instance, there are two basic types of e-commerce B2B and B2C, and one goal for all businesses is to increase sales respectively. The understanding assumption here is that business companies better to know their customer’s needs and values approach for the business firm.
According to another definition, e-commerce refers to the sharing of business information, maintenance of business relationships, and conducting business transactions with the help of computers that are connected to a telecommunication network, and without the use of paper documents.
Types of E-commerce Businesses
The first thought that comes to our mind when we are talking about E-Commerce is that it is an online commercial or sales transaction that takes place between the supplier and the customer. While the idea of the concept is right, there are more specific factors involved that classify E-Commerce into six major types. Each of these types has various features, characteristics, and attributes.
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C)
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B)
- Business-to-Administration (B2A)
- Consumer-to-Administration (C2A)
What Are the Advantages of Ecommerce?
- One of the E-commerce benefits is that it has a lower startup cost.
- Another advantage of E-commerce is that online stores are always open for business. With your Facebook ads, Instagram ads, you can attract to people at 10:00 p.m. or 6:00 a.m. in any part of the world. So, you can get potential income 24/7.
- You have the ability to discover your audience whether they’re in the U.S, Australia, Germany, or other countries. So, you can sell Internationally.
- You can also create a personalized report based on what the customer has looked at or what you think they might like based on their purchase behavior, experience, and interest.you can also analyze how many customers spend money on your website and what they have interests,in which product or service.
- If you choose to dropship, you can process to increase the number of orders with ease. As your business continues to grow, and grow you might choose to hire employees to help with order processing.
- Most customers feel not comfortable giving away email addresses or postal codes to physical retailers. In E-commerce, you can get complete your customer details like name, E-mail addresses, and phone numbers. That means you have ways to communicate and build a relationship with them.
What Are the Disadvantage of Ecommerce?
- Customers Can’t Try Before They Buy.
- When a customer shops in person can take the product home right away at that time. But, with online shopping, most customers receive their product after some time.
- Using SEO or digital marketing you can increase your visitors but 95% of visitors can only visit don’t buy from your websites.